This Keto Chicken & Rice Soup is a low carb comfort food lover’s dream come true! Rich and flavorful, this soup is both creamy and slightly chewy from the veggies and “rice.”
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum (optional to thicken)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, cauliflower, and walnuts to the oil, and cook for 2 – 3 minutes, or until fragrant and the onions are turning translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, cooked chicken, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to lowband simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Add the butter and heavy whipping cream to the pot, then sprinkle the xanthan gum over the top and stir it in immediately to avoid clumping.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the red wine vinegar.
- Serve hot, garnished with more fresh thyme if desired.
- Before storing, cool to 100 degrees or less. Store in an airtight container(s) in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Can be reheated on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 3g.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Keto Soup recipes
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 237
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 17g
Keywords: chicken and rice soup, keto chicken and rice soup, low carb chicken and rice soup