This Keto Cream Cheese Frosting is perfect on low carb cakes, but also makes great fat bombs, crepe filling, or even truffles!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered erythritol (I used Swerve)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (no sugar added)
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese together with a mixer until fully combined.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla extract and beat slowly until the sweetener is incorporated so it doesn’t get blown into the air.
- Once the sweetener is incorporated, beat on high for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Then bring to room temperature before using.
The organic cream cheese I used when making this originally has less than 1g carbs per ounce so the entire recipe whipped came out to less than .5g per serving. Since most people are using Philly or other store brands with 2g carbs per ounce, I’ve updated the nutrition info to show 1g carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Keto Desserts
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 Tbsp
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 1g