This keto curried squash soup is comforting and delicious, but also super healthy and easy to make! Whole 30, Vegan, Vegetarian, Low Carb, Atkins, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
- 3 cups chopped butternut squash or pumpkin
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- chopped pistachios & toasted coconut to garnish (optional)
- Combine the butternut squash, garlic, water, curry powder, onion flakes, salt, and coconut oil in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Blend with an immersion blender right in the pot, or transfer ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and return to the pot.
- Stir in the coconut milk and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat – do not boil.
- Serve hot, garnished with pistachios and coconut if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, microwave on high for 2 minutes or on the stovetop for about 8 minutes.
To stretch this out to a larger serving size for the same amount of carbs, you can add an additional 2 cups of vegetable stock (or chicken stock if you don’t need it vegetarian) to the broth. That will allow for a 1 1/2 cup serving with a negligible difference in calories or flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 117
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 6g net
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g