These Keto Fish Cakes with Roasted Red Pepper Salsa are perfect for summer or anytime you have a craving for fresh fish! Healthy fish in a kid friendly package that the entire family will enjoy!
For the Keto Fish Cakes:
- 1 pound firm white fish (cod, haddock, snapper, grouper, tilapia)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar free mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (new addition, see note in the post)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
For the Roasted Red Pepper Salsa:
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated erythritol sweetener
To make the keto fish cakes:
- Chop the fish into pieces about 1/2 inch in size.
- Combine the chopped fish, parmesan, mayonnaise, egg (if using,) coconut flour (if using,) mustard, Worcestershire, Creole seasoning and fresh parsley in a medium-sized bowl. Stir well until fully mixed.
- Heat the oil in a non stick sauce pan over medium high heat until shimmering.
- Form the fish mixture into 8 patties, about 2 inches in diameter.
- Fry the patties in batches for about 2 minutes per side (turn gently,) or until golden brown on the outside and cooked through.
- Serve warm with the salsa from below.
To make the roasted red pepper salsa:
- Combine the chopped peppers, parsley, garlic, onion, olive oil, lemon juice, and sweetener in a small bowl.
- Stir well to mix.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Net carbs per serving = 2g.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: keto seafood recipes
- Serving Size: 2 fish cakes, 2 T salsa
- Calories: 348
- Fat: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 26g
Keywords: fish, keto, seafood, Atkins, low carb, gluten free