Keto Grilled Lobster Tails with Creole Butter are the perfect summer party food! If you can’t get or don’t eat lobster, you can substitute shrimp or even chicken with excellent results!
- Four (6 ounce) raw lobster tails (or 1 pound of shrimp or chicken, threaded onto skewers)
- 1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick), softened
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine the softened butter, garlic, Creole seasoning, and parsley in a small bowl and mix well with a fork until blended. Set aside at room temperature to keep soft.
- Prepare the lobster tails for grilling by cutting in half, or cutting through the bottom and releasing the meat from the shell. (see the video clip in the post if not sure how to do this)
- Preheat your grill to about 400° F and place the lobsters meat side down over direct heat for about 3 minutes.
- Turn the tails over and baste the meat generously with the softened Creole butter.
- Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until the meat is opaque and cooked all the way through.
- Serve immediately with additional melted Creole butter if desired.
- Store leftover butter in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Net carbs per serving of lobster with butter = 2g
The nutrition info below assumes 1 tablespoon of butter per lobster tail since most of it will melt off while grilling. If you serve with additional butter (recommended to keep your fat above your protein) then just be sure to account for the additional butter as follows:
Creole butter per Tbsp: 102 calories, 12g fat, 0g carbs, 0g fiber, 0g net carbs, 0g protein
- Serving Size: 1 lobster tail, 1 tbsp butter
- Calories: 213
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 23g
Keywords: lobster, grilling, seafood, summer, party food, keto, Atkins, paleo, primal