A great low carb alternative to potatoes, these keto grilled radishes with herb butter will be a hit all summer long! This dish can easily be doubled or tripled for larger crowds!
- 16 radishes, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the raw radishes in a microwave safe bowl and add 1 cup of water.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Test a radish to see if you can get a skewer through it easily. If not, microwave another 3 minutes or until tender, but not mushy.
- Drain and cool the radishes.
- When ready to grill, heat the grill to about 450 degrees.
- Skewer the radishes, 4 per skewer (If using bamboo skewers be sure to soak them in water for 20 minutes first so they don’t burn)
- Combine the melted butter, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush the radishes with the melted butter mixture.
- Grill for about 2 minutes per side, or until desired doneness is reached.
- Remove from the grill and baste with the remaining melted butter before serving.
Be sure to soak your skewers for 20 minutes so they don’t burn – I skipped that step and my skewers were toast.
Net carbs per skewer = 1g.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: keto side dish recipes
- Method: grilling
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Calories: 70
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 1.5
- Fiber: .5
- Protein: 0
Keywords: radishes, grilling, skewers, keto, side dishes, potato substitute, Atkins, low carb