Keto Hummingbird Cake – Gluten Free
This decadent Keto Hummingbird Cake has all the trademark flavors of the classic Southern favorite- and nobody will believe it’s low carb and gluten free!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: keto dessert recipes
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Tropical
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated erythritol sweetener (I used Swerve)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar sweetener (I used Lakanto)
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups superfine blanched almond flour (I used Wellbees)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons banana extract
- 2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Keto Cream Cheese Frosting (double batch)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (to toast for garnish)
- 8 pecan halves to garnish top of cake (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease two 9-inch cake pans, and line the bottoms with parchment paper (cut round to fit) which will ensure the finished cake won’t stick to the bottom.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sweeteners together with a mixer until smooth.
- Add the eggs, almond flour, coconut flour, salt, cinnamon, allspice, baking powder, xanthan gum, vanilla extract, banana extract, and almond milk.
- Blend for 2 – 3 minutes, or until fully smooth.
- Stir in the chopped pineapple, 1/2 cup shredded coconut, and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Divide the batter (which will be thick) between the two cake pans, and spread evenly with a silicone spatula.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake and cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, spread 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 3 – 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and set aside to garnish.
- Carefully run a knife around the rim to release the first cake, then turn out onto a cake plate or pedestal.
- Place about 1/3 of the cream cheese frosting in center of cake and carefully spread to the edges with a warm knife.
- Place second cake upside down over the frosting layer.
- Carefully frost the top and sides of cake.
- Press toasted coconut evenly into the sides of the cake with your hands, and blow or wipe any excess coconut off of the plate when finished.
- Garnish the top of the cake with pecan halves if desired.
- Can be served immediately, but I think it’s better after chilling for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 5g
- Serving Size: 1/16th cake
- Calories: 486
- Fat: 45g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: southern, cake, hummingbird, coconut, banana, pineapple, desserts, keto, atkins, low carb, gluten free, occasion cakes