Keto Lemon Magic Custard Cake – Low Carb
This Keto Lemon Magic Custard Cake has an ethereal texture and bright lemon flavor that will make it hard to stop at just one slice! Low carb and gluten free.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 16 squares 1x
- Category: Keto Dessert Recipes
- Method: Baking
- 5 eggs, room temperature, whites separated from yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup powdered erythritol
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup superfine blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 8 x 8 square baking dish with parchment paper or foil.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks and sweetener together until light.
- Add melted butter and vanilla, then beat until smooth.
- Add the almond flour and coconut flour and beat until fully blended.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, then while beating slowly add the almond milk gradually until everything is well mixed.
- Using a spatula, fold in the egg whites a third at a time.
- Then whisk lightly with a fork for about 10 seconds, or until the batter is mostly combined, but still has bits of egg whites floating on top.
- Pour the batter into the dish, and bake for 70 minutes, or until the top is lightly golden and the cake is firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 1 hour, then refrigerate for 2 or more hours until completely set.
- Carefully remove from the pan and cut into squares.
- Garnish with powdered erythritol if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 2g.
- Serving Size: one 2" square
- Calories: 123
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: magic cake, custard cake, desserts, lemon, keto, low carb, grain free