This Keto Lemon Magic Custard Cake has an ethereal texture and bright lemon flavor that will make it hard to stop at just one slice! Low carb and gluten free.
- 5 eggs, room temperature, whites separated from yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup powdered erythritol
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup superfine blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 8 x 8 square baking dish with parchment paper or foil.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks and sweetener together until light.
- Add melted butter and vanilla, then beat until smooth.
- Add the almond flour and coconut flour and beat until fully blended.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, then while beating slowly add the almond milk gradually until everything is well mixed.
- Using a spatula, fold in the egg whites a third at a time.
- Then whisk lightly with a fork for about 10 seconds, or until the batter is mostly combined, but still has bits of egg whites floating on top.
- Pour the batter into the dish, and bake for 70 minutes, or until the top is lightly golden and the cake is firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 1 hour, then refrigerate for 2 or more hours until completely set.
- Carefully remove from the pan and cut into squares.
- Garnish with powdered erythritol if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 2g.
- Serving Size: one 2" square
- Calories: 123
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: magic cake, custard cake, desserts, lemon, keto, low carb, grain free