These Keto Pistachio Truffles boast a creamy rich center of lightly sweetened mascarpone cheese flavored with vanilla. The perfect low carb fat bomb or sweet treat!
- 8 ounces (1 cup) mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons confectioners style erythritol sweetener
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- In a small bowl, combine the mascarpone, vanilla, and sweetener.
- Mix gently but thoroughly with a fork or spatula, until well blended and smooth.
- Roll by hand into 10 balls, about 1 inch in diameter. (if too soft to roll, chill 10 minutes and try again.)
- Place the pistachios on a small plate and roll the truffles in them until completely coated.
- Chill 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To make a savory version, omit the sweetener and vanilla. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of chopped herbs. Parley, chives or basil would all be a good choice. You can also use a nut other than pistachio if it’s what you have on hand!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: keto dessert recipes
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 121
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 0.5g net
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 1g