This Keto Pumpkin Chai Coffee Cake boasts tender pumpkin and chai flavored cake, topped with crunchy sweet cinnamon streusel and drizzled in a warm chai glaze – it’s keto coffee cake perfection.
For the cake layer:
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (no sugar added)
- 3/4 cup solid pack pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 chai tea bags
- 2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup granulated brown sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the streusel topping:
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the glaze:
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon of reserved tea from instructions.
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol
To make the cake:
- Place the teabags in the hot water and steep for 5 minutes. Remove the teabag and reserve liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9.5 inch angel food cake pan or 8” spring form pan with butter.
- Place the melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, pumpkin, and 1/4 cup of brewed tea (the other 1/4 cup of tea is for the glaze) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl and whisk together until blended.
- Pour the blended wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, using a rubber spatula to scrape it all out of the blender.
- Stir until the batter is mostly smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the greased pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, then remove from the oven.
To make the streusel layer:
- Combine the streusel ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Crumble with your fingers into pea sized pieces and scatter evenly over the partially baked cake, pressing in lightly.
- Return to the oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for at least one hour before unfolding.
To make the glaze:
- Combine the chai and powdered erythritol in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Remove the cooled cake carefully from the pan and place on a serving plate.
- Drizzle the icing over the cake and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to one week in the refrigerator, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Approximate net carbs per slice = 5g.
- Serving Size: One 10th cake
- Calories: 367
- Fat: 33g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: keto coffee cake, keto pumpkin cake, keto dessert recipes