A delicious keto pumpkin stew with braised pork and peanuts that is delectably rich and satisfying. Destined to become a new family favorite!
- 2 lbs country style pork ribs (boneless)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon habanero pepper, minced
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro and peanuts to garnish
- Season the pork generously with salt and pepper.
- In a heavy bottomed saute pan, sear the pork on all sides until golden brown.
- Remove the pork from the pan and place it in a crockpot.
- Add the garlic, onion, habanero, olive oil and peanut butter to the pan you cooked the pork in.
- Cook for a minute or two, or until your onions are translucent.
- Add the white wine and cook down for about one minute.
- Add the water, stock, ground cardamom, ground allspice, sugar substitute, and pumpkin puree and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a simmer, then pour over the pork in the crockpot.
- Cook for 4 hours on high, or until the pork is tender and falling apart.
- Remove any fatty bits and break the pork up into bite sized pieces with a fork.
- Stir in the lime juice just before serving, and adjust seasoning for salty or sweet to your preference.
- Serve over riced cauliflower and garnish with lots of fresh cilantro and chopped peanuts.
Approx nutrition info per serving (not counting garnish or cauliflower):
451 calories, 33g fat, 4g net carbs, 28g protein
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: keto main dish
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: Generous one cup serving
- Calories: 451
- Fat: 33g
- Carbohydrates: 4g net
- Protein: 28g
Keywords: keto pumpkin stew, keto braised pork, keto pork stew