This Keto Pumpkin & Prosciutto Pizza has a mozzarella cheese and almond flour “fathead” crust, and combines creamy, chewy, salty, sweet toppings that will make it your new pizza obsession! Gluten free and low carb too!
For the pizza crust:
- 2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
For the toppings:
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil to garnish
To make the pizza crust:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high, for 1 – 2 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from the microwave and stir with a spatula until the cheeses are combined.
- Add the egg, psyllium husk powder, and almond flour to the cheese mixture.
- Stir well with the spatula or a fork, until a stiff dough is formed.
- In a parchment paper-lined pan, press the dough out into a 12 – 14 inch circle or oval (depending on your pan size.). Your crust should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
To prep the toppings:
- Combine the pumpkin puree, heavy whipping cream, and nutmeg in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- Add the butter, onions, salt, and pepper to the hot pan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until the onions are golden brown and soft.
To assemble the pizza:
- Spoon the pumpkin mixture over the pre-baked mozzarella crust, and spread slightly, it’s ok if the crust isn’t completely covered.
- Sprinkle the pizza evenly with the caramelized onions, and pour any remaining juice from the pan over the top of the crust.
- Break the prosciutto slices into bite-sized pieces and scatter over the onion layer.
- Slice or tear the mozzarella into small pieces and place evenly over the top.
- Return to the pizza to the oven for 3 – 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with shredded parmesan and fresh basil leaves.
- Slice and serve.
- Store leftover pizza in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 5g
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Keto pizza
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: italian
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 457
- Fat: 36g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 27g
Keywords: keto pizza recipe, low carb pizza recipe, Keto Pumpkin pizza