This keto rack of lamb with spicy mint marmalade is surprisingly easy to make, and guaranteed to impress your guests!
- 2 racks of lamb (8 ribs each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (to sear)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Spice Coating:
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, chopped or crushed
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Spicy Mint Marmalade:
- 1/4 cup sugar free orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil in a cast iron or other heavy bottomed skillet over high heat until shimmering.
- Season the lamb on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Sear the lamb for 2 minutes per side, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Mix together the spice coating ingredients.
- Brush the coating over the lamb on all sides.
- Place on a roasting pan, fat side up.
- Roast for 10 minutes for rare, or until your desired internal temperature is reached. Remember that the lamb will continue to cook when you remove it from the oven. So take it out a few degrees under what you are aiming for (see notes for temps if you’re using a thermometer, which I do recommend for best results).
- Cover loosely with foil and let the meat rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
To make the marmalade:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small blender cup and blend until smooth.
- Chill until ready to use.
Rare: remove at 125 degrees (approximately 10 minutes roasting time)
Medium rare: remove at 135 degrees (approximately 12 minutes roasting time)
Medium: remove at 150 degrees (approximately 15 minutes roasting time)
Well done: remove at 170 degrees (I mean does it really matter at this point?)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Keto Main Dishes
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 rack, 2 T marmalade
- Calories: 486
- Fat: 32g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 36g
Keywords: Keto Rack of Lamb, Low carb rack of lamb, Easy keto lamb