Easy, delicious, family friendly – what’s not to love about these Cajun-inspired low carb spaghetti squash bowls?! Grain free, dairy free, egg free, nut free, Paleo, and Whole 30 compliant! Did I mention easy?
- 8 ounces raw chorizo, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 pound raw shrimp (extra large), peeled and deveined
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti squash (about 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Place the chorizo in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add the olive oil, onions and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, or until fragrant and turning translucent.
- Add the water and simmer for one minute.
- Add the cajun seasoning, cooked chorizo, and shrimp to the pan and cook for three minutes or until the shrimp are turning pink and opaque.
- Stir in the cooked spaghetti squash, cilantro and lime juice until well combined.
- Remove from heat and serve, garnished with more cilantro or parsley if desired.
I don’t call for salt or pepper in this recipe because the cajun seasoning is more than enough for most palates – taste it first, but of course if you find it lacking feel free to season further as desired.
Net Carbs per serving = 7g.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 22g