This Keto Teriyaki Beef on a Stick recipe has all of the flavor and none of the sugar of the classic Asian takeout version, making it a great low carb option for your grill this summer! Make it with chicken or shrimp too!
- 1 lb lean beef, cut into strips or cubes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp avocado oil (or other light oil)
- 2 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce (tamari)
- 2 Tbsp unseasoned (sugar free) rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp erythritol granulated sweetener
- Combine the sesame oil, avocado oil, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and sweetener in a medium bowl.
- Add the beef pieces and stir to coat.
- Marinate for at least one hour or up to 24 hours.
- Remove beef from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the grill if using.
- Divide the meat into four portions (reserve the marinade) and thread onto four skewers along with optional pieces of green onion.
- Grill beef skewers over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side or until desired doneness is reached.
- Cook the remaining marinade in the microwave for 2 minutes, or in a small saucepan for about 5 minutes until fully cooked.
- Pour sauce over skewers before serving with sesame seeds as garnish if desired.
To cook this on the stove, simply remove the meat from the marinade and cook over medium high heat for 3 – 5 minutes or until desired doneness is reached. Then remove the meat and set aside. Add the marinade to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes or until thickened and cooked through. Add the meat and stir to coat. Serve garnished with sesame seeds and your favorite keto Asian sides.
- Serving Size: 4 oz portion
- Calories: 234
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: .5g
- Protein: 36g