This Keto Zucchini Rollatini boasts thin ribbons of tender zucchini, wrapped around a creamy ricotta filling, all held together by a silky egg custard. Low carb, gluten free, nut free.
3 large zucchini, sliced thinly lengthwise
16 ounces ricotta cheese
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 cups chopped raw spinach (or 1 cup frozen chopped spinach)
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the zucchini slices with sheets of paper towel in between layers on a large plate and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Remove and test to see fi they are pliable enough to roll. If not, microwave them for another 1 or 2 minutes. Cool.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, 2 of the eggs, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese (other 1/2 cup reserved for the topping,) parmesan cheese, spinach, nutmeg, pepper, garlic powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl and stir well to combine.
- Place a slice of zucchini on a cutting board and spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling onto the end closest to you.
- Roll up the zucchini with the filling inside.
- Place the zucchini roll in a 9 inch cake pan or similarly sized casserole dish.
- Repeat with the rest of the zucchini until all of the filling is gone and the dish is full of rolls (discard any extra zucchini.)
- Combine the remaining 2 eggs and 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream in a small bowl and stir with a fork until fully mixed together.
- Pour the custard mixture over the zucchini rolls, tilting the pan gently in a circular motion to make sure the liquid is distributed evenly.
- Top with the reserved 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden and slightly puffed.
- Remove from the oven and let set for 20 minutes before serving.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 7g.
- Category: Keto Main Dishes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 8 rolls or 2 cups
- Calories: 405
- Fat: 30g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 27g
Keywords: Zucchini Rollatini, Keto Rollatini, Vegetarian Keto