This keto balsamic glazed meatloaf recipe that is super comforting and easy to make, but fancy enough for company! This can also be made into keto meatballs which would be perfect for your next party appetizer!
For the meatloaf (or meatballs):
- 3 lbs. ground beef (80/20)
- 1 cup white mushrooms, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
For the glaze:
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar (no sugar added)
- 2 Tbsp low sugar or sugar free ketchup
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute (Swerve, Splenda, Ideal, etc.)
- Combine all of the meatloaf ingredients in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
If making meatballs:
- Form the meat mix into 48 cocktail sized meatballs (approximately 1 inch).
- Place the meatballs on parchment paper or a greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees (F) or until cooked through.
- Add the meatballs to the glaze and toss gently to coat. Serve hot.
If making meatloaf:
- Press the meat mixture into two 8-9″ loaf pans and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour off most of the liquid from the two pans.
- Pour 1/4 cup of glaze over each of the meatloaves and return to the oven.
- Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving with the remaining glaze.
For the glaze:
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, ketchup, and sugar free sweetener in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until reduced by at least half and slightly thickened and shiny.
- The glaze is ready when it’s thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate any extra glaze for future use.
Approximate nutrition information:
Per 4 meatballs w/ glaze: 264 calories, 17g fat, 6g net carbs, 24g protein
additional 1 Tbsp glaze for serving: 21 calories, 0g fat, 4g net carbs, 0g protein
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1.5 inch slice
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 3g net
- Protein: 24g
Keywords: keto, low carb, gluten free, Atkins, meatloaf, dinner, beef