These Keto Beef Stroganoff meatballs are inspired by the classic dish of beef simmered in a sauce of mushrooms, onions, and sour cream. Low carb, gluten free, family friendly!
For the meatball mix:
- 1 lb ground beef (80/20)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter (for frying)
For the sauce:
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (white or cremini)
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine the meatball ingredients (except the butter) in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Form into 12 meatballs.
- Heat the 2 Tbsp of butter in a large, nonstick saute pan.
- Cook the meatballs on medium heat in the butter until browned on all sides and cooked through (2-3 minutes per side.)
- Remove the meatballs from the pan and set aside.
- Add the 1 Tbsp of butter and the 2 cups of sliced mushrooms to the pan.
- Cook until the mushrooms are golden and fragrant (4-5 minutes.)
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened and translucent.
- Remove the onions from the pan.
- Add the beef broth to your pan and scrape the bottom to get all the yummy bits off.
- Whisk in your sour cream and xanthan gum until smooth.
- Add the meatballs, mushrooms, onions and garlic back to the pan and stir.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with the fresh parsley right before serving.
- Category: Meatballs
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: (3 meatballs & 1/2 cup sauce
- Calories: 452
- Fat: 34g
- Carbohydrates: 6g net
- Protein: 24g