This Keto Chicken Cacciatore Meatball recipe is based on the classic Italian Chicken Cacciatore! Serve with zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.
For the meatballs:
- 1lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup sliced red and yellow bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, optional
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Grated Parmesan to garnish (optional)
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients into a medium bowl and mix well. Form into 12 meatballs. Heat the olive oil in a large, nonstick, saute pan and cook the meatballs for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove the meatballs and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the saute pan and cook for about 2 -3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove and add to the dish with the meatballs.
- Add the sliced onions and peppers to the pan (you may need a little more olive oil) and cook for about 4 minutes until soft,
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute or two, until fragrant. Remove everything from the pan and add to the meatballs.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine (if using) and scrape up any tasty brown bits into what will be your sauce. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and add the tomatoes and herbs to the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and cooked veggies back to the pan with the sauce and stir well until combined. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Simmer the meatballs and veggies in the sauce for about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot over zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Approximate net carbs per serving= 6g
(if made with the wine, add 23 calories and .75g net carbs per serving)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Meatballs
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 3 meatballs with about 3/4 cup sauce.
- Calories: 347
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 6g net
- Protein: 28g
Keywords: Keto Chicken Cacciatore, Low carb Chicken Cacciatore, Keto Chicken Cacciatore Meatball