Low Carb Elderberry Syrup – Sugar Free
This immunity boosting low carb elderberry syrup is loaded with antioxidants and compounds that are proven to fight against cold and flu viruses!
- Yield: 16 oz 1x
- Category: Low Carb Elderberry Syrup
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups filtered water
- 3/4 cup dried elderberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 inch piece of ginger, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/3 cup erythritol or other low carb sweetener (I used Swerve)
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender (or transfer to a blender) until mostly smooth.
- Strain through a fine strainer into a clean bowl and then pour through a funnel into a clean glass jar. Store in the refrigerator for up to one month or freeze for up to 3 months.
Approx nutrition info per tablespoon: 12 calories, 0g fat, 2g net carbs, 0g protein