This keto Avgolemeno soup is loaded with chunks of chicken, tasty spaghetti squash and a lemon broth thickened with egg! Whole 30, SCKC
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 10 cups chicken stock or broth
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the chicken and broth to a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs and lemon juice together until frothy.
- Slowly whisk 2 cups of hot stock into the egg mixture – don’t just dump it in or you’ll end up with scrambled eggs!
- Once the stock has been incorporated into the egg mixture, add back to the pot.
- Stir in the spaghetti squash and gently reheat the soup if necessary – don’t bring to a boil or the eggs may curdle.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 289 calories, 15g fat, 4g net carbs, 30g protein
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups