A low carb and gluten free meatball recipe that is guaranteed to win over the entire family! They won’t even notice the healthy secret ingredient!
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb. ground beef (80/20)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded raw zucchini
- 1/4 cup pepperoni, chopped
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for frying
- To serve:
- 1 cup ten Free)”>Easy Keto Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella
- 15 slices pepperoni
To make the meatballs:
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients (except the olive oil) in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly. Form into 15 meatballs. Heat the oil in a nonstick pan and fry the meatballs until golden brown – about 3 minutes per side. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Place the meatballs in an oven proof dish. Spoon the sauce evenly over each meatball. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese, and a slice of pepperoni. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees, or set under the broiler for 2 – 3 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pepperoni is getting crisp. Serve hot.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 380 calories, 28g fat, 3g net carbs, 27g protein
- Category: Meatballs
- Cuisine: Italian