Crispy, savory pork cutlets slathered in a tangy, slightly sweet sauce that will make your taste buds sing! Easy to make, and of course low carb and gluten free! A new Hungry family favorite!
- 1 lb thinly sliced boneless pork chops (4 – 6 pieces)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- 2 Tbsp oil (I used avocado oil) for frying
For the breading:
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8th tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp bourbon
- 1/2 cup grated Granny Smith apples
- 1 tsp granulated sugar substitute
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and water together.
- Combine all of the coating ingredients in another small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan.
- Dip the meat cutlets first into the egg, then into the breading. Fry the cutlets until golden brown on both sides and cooked through – about 2 minutes per side for very thin cutlets. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and keep warm.
For the sauce:
- Add the butter, bourbon, sweetener and apples to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes until the butter is melted and bubbling and the apples are starting to soften. Remove from the heat and whisk in the sour cream and mustard until fully combined with a creamy texture. Stir in the parsley and serve with the warm pork cutlets and my Red Cabbage, Mint, and Granny Smith Apple Slaw.
Approx. nutrition info per serving: 332 calories, 18g fat, 3g net carbs, 30g protein
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: German