A low carb chai-spiced pumpkin mug cake with cinnamon whipped cream that can be made in less than five minutes! Gluten free, Keto, LCHF, and Atkins Diet friendly!
For the mug cake:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp chai tea, brewed strong
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1.5 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- pinch of cinnamon
For the mug cakes:
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Add the egg, tea, sugar substitute, almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin puree, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and pinch of salt. Stir well and divide between two mugs or 4 paper baking cups. Microwave for one minute. Test and microwave for another 30 seconds if necessary. If still not firm, try another 30 seconds, but be careful not to overcook. Cool slightly before topping with whipped cream.
For the whipped cream:
- Combine the cream, sweetener, and cinnamon in a small bowl and whip until firm. Serve over the still warm mug cakes and eat immediately. If not eating immediately, let the cakes cool completely before adding the whipped cream and then store in the refrigerator.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 373 calories, 34g fat, 4g net carbs, 7g protein
- Serving Size: 1 mug cake with 3 Tbsp whipped cream