- 1 cup ground (or milled) flax seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- Sea salt or kosher salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F) and spray a cookie sheet (or two) with nonstick spray.
- Add all of the ingredients (except salt) to a medium bowl. Stir until fully combined. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Spray a clean countertop or large cutting board with nonstick spray. Spray your rolling pin with nonstick spray.
- Form your dough into a ball and place on the greased counter. Roll it out as thin as you dare. I went pretty thin (like a wheat thin thickness) and the thinnest ones of the batch were the best.
- Use a biscuit or cookie cutter if you have one, or just use a sharp knife to cut a grid of 1 inch-ish squares. Use a small spatula or pie server to transfer the individual squares (or any shape) onto your pan. Keep rerolling and cutting your scraps until the dough is all gone.
- Sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10 minutes, remove and flip, bake another 3 minutes. If you want them super crispy, turn the oven off and then put the crackers back in after it’s cooled a bit but is still warm. Leave them in for about an hour and they will continue to dry out until super crispy.
- Serve with your favorite cheese or dip!
Update: Someone suggested rolling the dough onto parchment paper, slicing the dough into squares and transferring the entire sheet onto a pan and baking directly on the parchment – genius idea, thought I’d share it!
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Crackers
- Serving Size: 1 batch
- Calories: 998
- Fat: 70g
- Carbohydrates: 34g/ 2g net
- Fiber: 32g
- Protein: 55g