A low carb recipe for Mediterranean-inspired deviled eggs. The perfect low carb lunch or snack food!
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp capers, chopped
- 1 Tbsp kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 Tbsp sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 1 tsp caper brine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 15 minutes. Cool and peel under cold running water. Slice the eggs in half carefully, and remove the yolks. Add the yolks to a medium bowl and mash well with a fork. Meanwhile, in a magic bullet or small food processor, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, capers, olives, sundried tomatoes, olive oil, basil, and caper brine. Blend until mostly smooth. Fold the mayo mixture into the mashed egg yolks until smooth. Taste, and season with salt and pepper as desired. Pipe or spoon into the egg white halves. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Approximate nutrition info per half: 78 calories, 7g fat, .35g net carbs, 3g protein
- Serving Size: 1 deviled egg half