A humble but delicious low carb soup recipe that can be made in the crockpot and customized in an endless number of ways!
- 2 lbs boneless country pork ribs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped cauliflower “rice”
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan. Season the pork (or other meat) generously with salt and pepper. Brown the meat on all sides for several minutes or until golden. Add the garlic and onions and cook for 2 minutes. Ad the white wine, chicken stock, fresh tomatoes and water and bring to a boil. Pour into a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or until the meat is tender and falling apart. In the last 15-20 minutes of cooking, stir in the cauliflower and fresh oregano. Serve hot.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 326 calories, 22g fat, 3g net carbs, 21g protein
- Serving Size: 1 cup