This impressive whole roasted beef tenderloin recipe is surprisingly easy to pull off! Low carb, grain free, nut free, egg free, dairy free, Paleo and Whole 30 compliant!
- 1 raw, trimmed whole beef tenderloin (tail removed) – approximately 4lbs.
- 1 Tbsp raw garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 oz deli sliced prosciutto
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Place your tenderloin on a clean cutting board.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh parsley.
- Rub the garlic mixture all over and press into the tenderloin on all sides.
- Gently wrap the tenderloin in overlapping ribbons of prosciutto until covered.
- Place the tenderloin on a cookie sheet or roasting pan.
- Roast at 425 degrees (F) for 26 – 28 minutes for rare, 30 minutes for medium rare, 35-40 minutes for well done (it hurts me even to type those words but I know there are some of you that prefer it though I’ll never understand why!)
- Please remember that these times are a general guideline because ovens and thickness of the tenderloin can vary – it’s always best to check it with a meat thermometer to be sure it’s done the way you want.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm or cold.
Approx nutrition info for a 4 oz serving: 380 calories, 32g fat, 0g carbs, 29g protein