An easy and satisfying low carb casserole recipe that the whole family will enjoy – perfect for those hectic weeknight dinners!
- 2 Italian sausage links
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups spaghetti squash, cooked
- 1/2 cup cooked spinach
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sugar free marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Brown the sausage links in a medium saute pan. Remove and slice into 1/2 inch thick slices, then add the slices back to the pan. Add the olive oil, spaghetti squash, spinach, garlic powder, and nutmeg into the pan and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat the marinara sauce in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Spread the sausage and spaghetti squash mixture in a pie plate or 8 inch casserole dish. Top with the hot marinara sauce and shredded cheese (if using). Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned. Serve hot.
Approximate nutrition info per serving: 287 calories, 22g fat, 7g net carbs, 14g protein
- Serving Size: Approximately 1 cup