Easy homemade keto salsa verde made from roasted tomatillos and chili peppers.
- 6 cups whole tomatillos – about 2 pounds
- 1 cup assorted whole chili peppers (habanero, jalapeno, serrano)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread the tomatillos and peppers on a large cookie sheet.
- Roast under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until charred.
- Shake and broil another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a large blender or food processor.
- Add the onion flakes and cilantro.
- Blend until mostly smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cool and serve.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week or frozen for up to 6 months.
Approximate nutrition info per serving: 20 calories, 0g fat, 3g net carbs, 1g protein
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 20
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: Easy Salsa Verde, Green Salsa, Tomatillo Salsa