- 1 28 oz can tomato puree
- 1/2 c white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp dehydrated onions
- 1 inch piece cinnamon stick, broken
- 4 packets stevia, approx 1 Tbsp
- (I used purevia)
- Add tomatoes, cayenne & stevia to a small saucepan and bring to boil, reduce heat to a simmer until it reduces by half – about half an hour–stir occasionally.
- In another small saucepan, combine onion, vinegar, cinnamon, cloves and celery salt. Bring to boil, remove from heat, and strain out solids.
- Add strained vinegar and salt to tomato mixture. Simmer for 20 – 30 minutes or until ketchup is desired consistency. I ran mine through a magic bullet to get it nice and smooth after it cooled which you can do if you like a really smooth ketchup.
- Store in a clean glass jar for up to a month in the fridge.
- Add horseradish for cocktail sauce or chopped pickles and mayo for thousand island dressing. So good you’ll be tempted to eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon! The perfect topping for this burger!
- Category: Condiment
- Cuisine: Ketchup
- Serving Size: 1 Tbsp
- Calories: 10
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7g
- Protein: 0g