- 2 cups heavy
- whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened
- almond milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 drops green food coloring
- 3 Tbsp Torani S.F. Peppermint flavored syrup
- 1/4 tsp mint extract
- 1 tsp stevia powder (or 2 Tbsp Splenda)
- Combine cream and almond milk in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Combine all other ingredients in another bowl. Add to heated cream and stir until combined. Microwave for one minute. Stir. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds, stir. (Don’t try to do this all in one step or you’ll end up with sweet green scrambled eggs. Trust me on this.) Alternatively you could heat it in a saucepan until thickened but be very very careful not to overcook it.
- Strain into a chilled bowl to get any lumps out and chill overnight in the fridge or in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until cold.
- Add to ice cream maker, following manufacturer instructions, and then eat soft or freeze until firmer.
You can add bits of dark chocolate or cocoa nibs in the final minutes of churning if you want. Or shave dark chocolate over it and drizzle sf chocolate sauce over it before eating like I do (I hate giant chunks of frozen solid chocolate in my ice cream but that’s just me!) However you eat it, it’s delicious! Creamy and smooth, just the way ice cream should be! Mmmm….mmmmmm….good!
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 315
- Fat: 35g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7g net
- Protein: 5g