This delicious cheesy low carb zucchini bread is blended for a light, fluffy texture – with no tell tale green strips of zucchini so you can sneak it by your picky kids! Shhh – I won’t tell if you don’t!
- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed dry in a paper towel
- 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes (dried, not in oil), chopped
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp granulated sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F)
- Combine all of the wet ingredients (butter, eggs, almond milk, zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes) in a magic bullet and blend for about 30 seconds or until mostly smooth.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, sweetener, xanthan gum, salt, oregano, parsley, garlic powder) and mix with a fork until well blended with no lumps.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a fork until a uniform batter is formed and the dry ingredients are absorbed.
- Stir in the Asiago cheese.
- Spoon the batter into a greased loaf pan (9×5 or equivalent) or 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 50-60 minutes if making a loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 20-25 minutes if making muffins.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 262 calories, 23g fat, 3g net carbs, 8g protein