- 1 cup salsa verde (sugar free)
- 1.25 lbs ground turkey or beef
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chopped habanero or scotch bonnet (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium saucepan and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don’t brown the meat first, add it right to the salsa and it absorbs the flavors while cooking.
- Low Carb – garnish with any or all of the following – cilantro, red onion, avocado, sour cream, cheddar cheese, chopped chilis, etc. Eat with a spoon or serve with pork rinds for dipping.
- Paleo/Whole 30 – garnish with any or all of the following – cilantro, red onion, avocado, fried plantains, chopped fresh pineapple, and chopped habaneros.
Approximate nutrition info per serving of just chili, made with turkey:
220 calories, 12g fat, 2g net carbs, 25g protein
Approximate nutrition info per serving of just chili, made with 85% lean beef:
314 calories, 21g fat, 2g net carbs, 26g protein
- Serving Size: 1 cup