Turkey Sausage, Kale & Pumpkin Soup
- Yield: Serves 8 1x
- Category: Soups/stews
- Cuisine: Soup
- 1 lb sweet italian turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups chopped pumpkin or butternut squash
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- Cook sausage in a medium sized saucepan. Add onions and saute until translucent. Pour the broth and water into the saucepan and bring to a boil – reduce heat.
- Add the kale and pumpkin and simmer until the pumpkin is soft, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with grated parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Calories: 118
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 5.5g net
- Protein: 11g