A low carb and gluten free Vienna Plum Cake recipe – sweet and dense vanilla almond cake with tangy, juicy plums baked into the top. Keto, Atkins and Paleo friendly!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 small plums, pitted and halved (skin on)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (F)
- Cream the butter and sweetener together until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add the vanilla and almond extract and beat until combined.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum in a small bowl and mix well. Add the flour mixture to the butter/egg mixture and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add the almond milk and blend well.
- Spoon the batter into a well greased 8 x 12 pan (or equivalent) and spread evenly.
- Place the plum halves (or slices) evenly over the top.
- Bake on an upper rack of the oven at 375 degrees (F) for 35 – 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut the cake into 8 pieces. Serve warm or cold.
To see a list of my favorite low carb products and brands that I recommend for sweeteners, flours, etc. you can check out the IBIH Pantry Ingredients Page!
- Serving Size: 1/8th cake
- Calories: 296
- Fat: 25
- Carbohydrates: 6.5g net
- Protein: 9