This low carb zucchini recipe contains super healthy sardines, garlic, tomatoes, capers and fresh herbs. Easy and delicious, it’s also Paleo and Whole 30 approved!!
- 4 oz can of brisling sardines packed in olive oil
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained
- 4 cups zucchini noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Open the sardines and gently pour the oil into a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add the 1 Tbsp olive oil to the sardine oil.
- Add the garlic to the oil and cook for one minute or until fragrant and sizzling.
- Add the capers and tomatoes and cook for another minute.
- Add the sardines and cook for another minute.
- Add the zucchini noodles and stir gently so you don’t break up the sardines too much. Cook for 2 minutes – or longer if you like them really soft.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
- Parmesan cheese on top is optional.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 230 calories, 19g fat, 6g net carbs, 10g protein