This fantastic low carb tart is loaded with asparagus, buttery leeks, salty pancetta, and tangy goat cheese! Gluten free and perfect for brunch!
For the Crust:
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
For the Filling:
- 4 oz pancetta, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks (white part only, be sure to rinse well!)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced asparagus
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 oz soft goat cheese
For the crust:
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Press the dough into a 9 x 9 pan, 8 x 11 sheet, or a 9 inch springform pan about 1 inch up the sides.
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes at 350 degrees (F) until slightly golden.
For the filling:
- Melt the butter in a medium saute pan and add the pancetta, leeks, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 8 minutes or until the leeks are soft and transparent.
- Stir in the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes.
- Arrange the asparagus mixture evenly over the pre-baked crust.
- Whisk together the heavy whipping cream and egg yolks in a small bowl until well combined.
- Gently pour the egg mixture over the asparagus ingredients.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 25 minutes or until slightly firm.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Approx. nutrition info per 1/8th of tart: 423 calories, 40g fat, 5g net carbs, 9g protein
- Category: Low Carb Appetizer Recipe
- Cuisine: American