A low carb and gluten free stuffed mushroom recipe that is packed with bold flavors!
- 8 slices of bacon, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 6 cups baby spinach, raw
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp almond flour
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 mushroom caps, brushed of any debris
- In a medium saute pan, cook the bacon until crisp. Add the butter and onions, cooking until softened, 3 – 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for about 2 minutes, or until wilted. Remove the pan from the heat and add the nutmeg, almond flour, and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cool. Stuff filling into mushroom caps and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees (F) or until the mushrooms are tender. Alternatively, grill the mushrooms for about 6 – 8 minutes over medium heat. Serve hot.
Approximate nutrition information:
per mushroom: 54 calories, 4g fat, 1g net carbs, 3g protein
per serving (4): 215 calories, 16g fat, 4g net carbs, 13g protein
- Serving Size: 4 stuffed mushrooms