Crispy, sweet, salty and spicy – these low carb Asian inspired chicken wings are made even better with a bacon “skin!” Guaranteed to be a hit with the whole family!
- 16 raw chicken wing drumettes
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tsp 5 Spice Powder
- 1 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce (tamari)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 8 oz raw bacon
- Combine the Hoisin sauce, 5 spice powder, GF soy sauce, sweetener, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and coconut oil in a medium bowl.
- Add the chicken wing drumettes and toss to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Open the package of bacon and cut the pieces in half.
- Wrap one half piece of bacon around each drumette and secure it with a toothpick through the fat end.
- Add the bacon-wrapped wings back to the marinade and toss to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least one more hour or overnight.
- Place the chicken about one inch apart in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees (F) for 45 minutes.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees (F) and fry chicken in batches – careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry for about 4 – 6 minutes depending on the size of the wings – or until the meat is no longer pink near the bone.
- Serve hot with additional sauce if desired.
- Serving Size: 4 drumettes
- Calories: 338
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 2g net
- Protein: 25g