This delicious Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Meatloaf is perfect for family, friends, or just make it for yourself and have lunch ready to reheat all week! Keto, Atkins and Low Carb friendly!
For the meatloaf mixture:
- 3 lbs ground pork
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour **
- 3/4 T kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 lb thinly sliced bacon (to wrap)
For the filling:
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh jalapeño, chopped
- 1/4 cup salsa verde (green tomatillo salsa)
- Combine the pork, eggs, almond flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion flakes and dried parsley in a large bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Press the mixture evenly onto a parchment or plastic wrap lined cookie sheet to about 1 inch thick and approximately 15 x 10 inches wide and long.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a medium sized bowl and stir until well combined and smooth.
- Spread the filling mixture over the meat and leave a 1 inch gap of meat on three sides, and a 2 inch gap at the end where you will make the bottom seam. (see the photos above)
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Use the edges of the wrap to pull up and roll the meat mixture towards the side that has the 2 inches of meat past the cream cheese.
- Don’t roll the wrap into the meatloaf, just keep rolling away from you and pulling the wrap up as you go.
- When you get to the end, pull the wrap all the way out from the bottom of the roll and discard.
- Pat the meat firmly into an even roll shape and down to seal the bottom, being careful not to squeeze the filling out.
- Starting on one end, drape your bacon over the top and tuck under, creating overlapping ribbons of bacon all the way down the roll.
- Secure the bacon with toothpicks on both sides.
- Bake the meatloaf at 400 degrees for 60 minutes or until a meat thermometer in the center reads 160 degrees. If your bacon hasn’t crisped up by the end of that time, finish it in the broiler for 2 – 4 minutes. Watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn though!
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- Carefully extract all of the toothpicks and then slice into 1 inch thick pieces to serve.
**To see the brands that I use and recommend, check out the IBIH Pantry Page!
To ensure that your meat has cooked through, I recommend checking with a meat thermometer in the center of the roll – it should read 160 degrees in the center when you remove it from the oven.
- Category: Low Carb Main Dish Recipe
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 inch slice
- Calories: 461
- Fat: 37
- Carbohydrates: 2g net
- Protein: 28