This delicious Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Meatloaf boasts a tasty ground pork layer, wrapped around an impossibly creamy and cheesy filling that is studded with spicy chunks of jalapeño. This porcine masterpiece is then swaddled in bacon and baked until crispy on the outside and melt in your mouth tender on the inside.
This Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Meatloaf is a cheesy, porky wonderland and should come with a warning label. HIGHLY ADDICTING. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.
The good news is that this pork meatloaf recipe is totally low carb friendly. Nobody will believe that you’re actually on a diet when they see (or taste if you’re into sharing) this gorgeous celebration of pork and cheese. #ketoforthewin 🙌
While it may seem complicated, don’t be intimidated – this Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Meatloaf is surprisingly easy to make! You just season your meat mixture, pat it out into a rectangle on some cling wrap, spread the popper filling over it and roll it up. Then wrap your bacon around it from the top and secure it with toothpicks. Bake, remove toothpicks, slice and serve.
It really is THAT easy!
The hardest part is waiting for it to cool before slicing! You’ll want to tear into it immediately, but if you slice it while too hot all of that delicious cheese will run out. So give it about 15 minutes to allow it to set before you cut into it.
I promise that it will be worth the wait!
Side note, you may also want to check it with a meat thermometer before slicing, since ovens and meatloaf thickness may vary. It should read 160 degrees to be sure it’s cooked all the way through!
The Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Meatloaf is shown in the photo above served with my Easy Cauliflower Gratin recipe which went perfectly, but this would also go great with my Better than Potatoes Cauliflower Puree or the Easy Zucchini Gratin that I just posted the other day.
No matter how you eat this, it’s going to be a huge hit with the entire family! It’s also impressive enough to serve to guests, and it reheats really well if you want to make it ahead and have lunches ready to go for the rest of the week!
I really can’t say enough about what a winner this Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Meatloaf is – I know you guys are going to love it so be sure to make it ASAP and then report back!
This delicious Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Meatloaf is perfect for family, friends, or just make it for yourself and have lunch ready to reheat all week! Keto, Atkins and Low Carb friendly!
For the meatloaf mixture:
- 3 lbs ground pork
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour **
- 3/4 T kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 lb thinly sliced bacon (to wrap)
For the filling:
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh jalapeño, chopped
- 1/4 cup salsa verde (green tomatillo salsa)
- Combine the pork, eggs, almond flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion flakes and dried parsley in a large bowl and mix well with your hands.
- Press the mixture evenly onto a parchment or plastic wrap lined cookie sheet to about 1 inch thick and approximately 15 x 10 inches wide and long.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a medium sized bowl and stir until well combined and smooth.
- Spread the filling mixture over the meat and leave a 1 inch gap of meat on three sides, and a 2 inch gap at the end where you will make the bottom seam. (see the photos above)
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Use the edges of the wrap to pull up and roll the meat mixture towards the side that has the 2 inches of meat past the cream cheese.
- Don’t roll the wrap into the meatloaf, just keep rolling away from you and pulling the wrap up as you go.
- When you get to the end, pull the wrap all the way out from the bottom of the roll and discard.
- Pat the meat firmly into an even roll shape and down to seal the bottom, being careful not to squeeze the filling out.
- Starting on one end, drape your bacon over the top and tuck under, creating overlapping ribbons of bacon all the way down the roll.
- Secure the bacon with toothpicks on both sides.
- Bake the meatloaf at 400 degrees for 60 minutes or until a meat thermometer in the center reads 160 degrees. If your bacon hasn’t crisped up by the end of that time, finish it in the broiler for 2 – 4 minutes. Watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn though!
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- Carefully extract all of the toothpicks and then slice into 1 inch thick pieces to serve.
**To see the brands that I use and recommend, check out the IBIH Pantry Page!
To ensure that your meat has cooked through, I recommend checking with a meat thermometer in the center of the roll – it should read 160 degrees in the center when you remove it from the oven.
- Category: Low Carb Main Dish Recipe
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 inch slice
- Calories: 461
- Fat: 37
- Carbohydrates: 2g net
- Protein: 28
Had a little too much fun and need to drop some pounds? Get started today with my free low carb and keto menu plans to kick start your weight loss in 2017!
Can’t get enough delicious low carb recipes? Download all five of my e-cookbooks (over 150 delicious low carb recipes) for just $19.99 for a limited time!