A simple, yet delicious, low carb side dish recipe.
- 4 cups raw cauliflower florets
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 deli slices pepper jack cheese
- In a microwave safe dish, combine the cauliflower, butter, cream, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Microwave on high for about 25 minutes, or until tender. (Edit: There seems to be some confusion about this amount of time. Cook it til it’s soft. It takes me 25 minutes for this much cauliflower in my microwave, yours might be less. You can always start with 10 minutes, then 10 more, then 5 more if necessary. The key is to get it soft enough to mash with a fork. This amount of time also sweetens the cauliflower and reduces the cream and butter, making it like a thick sauce.) Remove from the microwave and mash with a fork or potato masher. Taste and season with more salt or pepper if necessary. Lay the slices of cheese across the top of the cauliflower. Microwave for another 2- 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve hot!
Approximate nutrition info per serving: 215 calories, 19g fat, 2g net carbs, 6g protein
- Serving Size: approximately 3/4 cup