An easy and versatile low carb side dish recipe using spaghetti squash.
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash, drained
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the squash and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread the squash about 2 inches deep in an oven proof casserole dish. Drop ricotta cheese on top by the spoonful. Scatter the cubes of mozzarella cheese over the top. Bake for about 10 minutes in a 375 degree (F) oven, or until the cheese has melted and is bubbly. Remove from the oven, cool for about 5 minutes, then drizzle the pesto over the top and serve.
Approximate nutrition info per serving: 207 calories, 17g fat, 4.8g net carbs, 11g protein
- Serving Size: Approximately 3/4 cup or 1/4th of casserole