Creamy Keto Pumpkin & Sausage Chowder – an easy and comforting low carb soup that reheats perfectly all week long!
- 1 pound pork sausage roll (usually found with breakfast meats)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cup solid pack pumpkin puree
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- Brown the sausage in a large saucepan, stirring to break it up into small pieces.
- Add the chicken broth, pumpkin puree, water, sherry, salt, nutmeg, pepper, garlic, onion, and cauliflower. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and sage. Cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, for five minutes or until the cheese has melted into the broth and is creamy and smooth. Do not boil.
- Serve hot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Net carbs per serving = 5g
- Category: keto soups
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 308
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: keto, soup, chowder, pumpkin, sausage, sage, fall, easy, low carb, Atkins, gluten free