If easy and comforting keto soup recipes are your everything right now, then you are going to love this creamy keto pumpkin and sausage chowder! It comes together in just minutes and reheats beautifully all week long!
Pumpkin isn’t just for desserts guys, it’s also amazing in savory recipes, especially fall soups! This creamy keto pumpkin & sausage chowder is flavored with sage and a hint of nutmeg, which perfectly complement the pumpkin and sausage flavors and will make your entire house smell UH-MAZING.
The mascarpone cheese, which I basically think of as solid heavy cream adds creaminess without messing up the subtle flavors in the soup. I always get asked if it’s ok to use cream cheese where mascarpone is called for, and while you definitely can, it will change the flavor of this creamy keto pumpkin and sausage chowder and add a slight tang to it. Not necessarily bad, just not as intended. Cream cheese will also add carbs, so be aware of that too.
Because chowder typically contains potatoes, which are too carb heavy to work in a keto soup, I subbed in riced cauliflower to add texture and heartiness to this creamy keto pumpkin & sausage chowder.
If you like your keto chowder even heartier, you can leave the cauliflower in larger pieces, or use chopped radishes or even turnips for around the same amount of carbs.
I used a pork breakfast sausage for this creamy keto pumpkin & sausage chowder because it works so well with the sage flavors, though you could sub in Italian hot or sweet sausage to change it up a bit. And if you like it spicy, you could also throw some red pepper flakes in there.
But I recommend trying this keto pumpkin chowder as written first because this flavor combo is ???
Creamy Keto Pumpkin & Sausage Chowder – an easy and comforting low carb soup that reheats perfectly all week long!
- 1 pound pork sausage roll (usually found with breakfast meats)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cup solid pack pumpkin puree
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- Brown the sausage in a large saucepan, stirring to break it up into small pieces.
- Add the chicken broth, pumpkin puree, water, sherry, salt, nutmeg, pepper, garlic, onion, and cauliflower. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and sage. Cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, for five minutes or until the cheese has melted into the broth and is creamy and smooth. Do not boil.
- Serve hot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Net carbs per serving = 5g
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 308
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g
Keywords: keto, soup, chowder, pumpkin, sausage, sage, fall, easy, low carb, Atkins, gluten free
If pumpkin flavored ERRY THANG is your current situation, here is an epic collection of 125 sweet and savory keto pumpkin recipes to fuel your pumpkin habit!