A delicious caramel flavored keto egg fast custard recipe that is also lchf, low carb, and atkins diet friendly.
For the custard:
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar substitute (splenda, ideal, swerve, etc.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon caramel extract
For the caramel sauce:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoons (or to taste) caramel extract
To make the custard:
- Combine the eggs, cream cheese, water, sweetener, and caramel extract in a blender or magic bullet and blend until smooth. Pour into two greased 6 oz ramekins or bowls. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees (F). Place your ramekins in a cookie sheet and place in the oven. Pour hot water up into the cookie sheet until halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 30 minutes, or until set. Remove and chill for at least one hour (or overnight) before serving.
To make the sauce:
- Melt the butter, sweetener, and caramel flavoring in the microwave for 30 seconds (or in a saucepan on the stove until melted) and whisk together until fully blended. Divide between and pour over the two custards just before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 custard + 1 Tbsp caramel sauce
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 1.5g net
- Protein: 9g