This Keto Egg Fast Custard Recipe is salted caramel flavored, but can be customized to be almost any flavor you like that comes in a calorie free extract! This egg fast custard is delicious, super easy, and fits into my 5 Day Egg Fast Diet Menu Plan!!!
So it’s day three of my keto egg fast and I’m down another pound this morning for a total loss of 6 pounds so far. I know it’s mostly water weight but I don’t care – it’s still nice to get excited about stepping on the scale every morning again. It reminds me of when I first started keto and the pounds just melted off! It’s very encouraging after such a long dry spell of not losing!
Also of note, I have tons of energy! My mind is clearer, I’m not tired, I feel great overall. Yesterday I did a bunch of yard work at a friend’s new house, and I never felt like I ran out of steam.
My body is obviously getting everything it needs from this keto egg fast, unlike other fasts I’ve tried and read about, where you are totally crashing by the third day. As a reminder, I’m supplementing daily with magnesium, potassium, and making sure I’m getting plenty of sodium as well.
What I Ate on Day Two of my Keto Egg Fast
2 Tbsp butter
6 Tbsp sugar free mayonnaise
1 Tbsp MCT oil (in my bulletproof coffee)
4 string cheese
1 oz sharp cheddar
36 oz La Croix sparkling water
102 oz spring water
16 oz diet coke (I WAS WEAK, GAH!)
So I’m sure you’re all dying to know – Do I hate eggs yet? Surprisingly the answer is no. I’ve eaten nothing but eggs, cheese, and butter for three days on this keto egg fast, and I AIN’T EVEN MAD ABOUT IT.
I think the strategy to avoid egg burnout on an egg fast is to change up how you eat them so that it doesn’t feel like you’re eating eggs at every meal.
And there are so many great possible combinations to be had! I’ll be posting more keto egg fast friendly recipes here throughout the week, and they will all be used in the keto egg fast meal plan that I’ll post at the end of next week.
This egg fast custard was the perfect way for me to end my first day of egg fasting, and I plan to make another batch tomorrow. Since I’m avoiding heavy whipping cream for this egg fast, how to get the right texture was problematic.
I finally settled on a mixture of eggs, cream cheese, and water to get the right consistency in this egg fast custard. It was slightly grainier in texture than a typical silky custard made with cream, but definitely still custard-like – and a REALLY nice break from the heavier consistency of cooked eggs in other forms.
You could eat this egg fast custard without the caramel sauce, but why would you? It tastes amazing, and for the purpose of your egg fast the added fat from the sauce is important to get the right ratios.
I flavored this egg fast custard with this caramel flavored extract that I found at our local Walmart, but you could do maple, or other flavors as well to change it up a bit.
By the way – this sauce would also taste amazing on your keto cream cheese pancakes.
A delicious caramel flavored keto egg fast custard recipe that is also lchf, low carb, and atkins diet friendly.
For the custard:
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar substitute (splenda, ideal, swerve, etc.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon caramel extract
For the caramel sauce:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoons (or to taste) caramel extract
To make the custard:
- Combine the eggs, cream cheese, water, sweetener, and caramel extract in a blender or magic bullet and blend until smooth. Pour into two greased 6 oz ramekins or bowls. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees (F). Place your ramekins in a cookie sheet and place in the oven. Pour hot water up into the cookie sheet until halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 30 minutes, or until set. Remove and chill for at least one hour (or overnight) before serving.
To make the sauce:
- Melt the butter, sweetener, and caramel flavoring in the microwave for 30 seconds (or in a saucepan on the stove until melted) and whisk together until fully blended. Divide between and pour over the two custards just before serving.
- Category: Egg Fast Recipes
- Serving Size: 1 custard + 1 Tbsp caramel sauce
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 1.5g net
- Protein: 9g
Can’t get enough delicious low carb recipes? Download all five of my e-cookbooks (over 150 delicious low carb recipes) for just $19.99 for a limited time!