This Keto 7 Layer Dip is the perfect low carb appetizer for all of your Mexican-themed party needs – or if you just have an insane craving for 7 layer dip but don’t want to blow your carb budget on beans.
For the cauliflower layer:
- 4 cups cooked cauliflower florets, well drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning (you can get this in the spice aisle or on Amazon)
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons canned chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or other light tasting oil)
For the avocado layer:
- 2 cups mashed avocado
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
To assemble the dip:
- 2 cups full fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
For the Cauliflower layer:
- Combine the cooked cauliflower, mayonnaise, Creole seasoning, heavy whipping cream, cumin, chipotle, and avocado oil in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until mostly smooth and thick.
For the Avocado Layer:
- Mash the avocados with a fork until a slightly chunky consistency is reached.
- Stir in the lime juice, salt and pepper.
- In an 8 inch trifle bowl or casserole dish, spread the cauliflower layer evenly over the bottom.
- Spread the sour cream layer over the cauliflower layer.
- Drop the avocado mixture by spoonfuls over the sour cream layer and carefully spread out until fully covered.
- Sprinkle the Creole seasoning over the avocado layer.
- Spread the chopped tomatoes over the avocado layer.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the tomatoes.
- Toss the scallions on over the tomato layer.
- Dot the olive slices evenly over the top of the scallions.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro if using.
- Serve immediately, or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Do not freeze.
Total Net Carbs per serving = 3g
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Keto appetizers
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g