This keto butternut squash risotto is short on carbs but big on flavor! The ultimate keto comfort food, this low carb risotto is also nut free, egg free, gluten free, and vegetarian.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup butternut squash, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/8th teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the sage, rosemary and garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the riced cauliflower, mashed squash, salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes or until the cauliflower is beginning to soften.
- Add the sherry and cook for another 7 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the cauliflower is soft.
- Stir in the Parmesan, Mascarpone, and grated nutmeg.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and the risotto is creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with more fresh herbs and grated parmesan before serving.
Approximate net carbs per serving = 7g.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Keto side dishes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 337
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: risotto, Keto, comfort foods, side dishes, vegetarian, nut free, egg free, gluten free, low carb, cauliflower